The quarterly DAFT.ie quarterly rental report was launched on August 20th. Some of the highlights of the report include
- Rents have risen nationwide by 1.8% in the second quarter of 2019. This is the third consecutive quarter where the quarterly rent rise was below 2%.
- Average rents in Ireland are now €1391 per month, the 13th consecutive quarter of record rents
- While annual inflation continues to slow in Dublin (4.5%) and the rest of Leinster (6.2%), it remains close to 12% in the other provinces.
- Rent inflation in cities other than Dublin was considerably higher and in Galway it reached a 15.5% annual increase.
- On May 1st, 2019, there were only 2,700 homes available to rent in Ireland, the lowest total ever recorded by this report which dates back to 2006, with just 1541 in Dublin.
- Below is an extract of the current average rental costs and associated annual increases (and some decreases!) directly from the report
For the full report is available at https://www.daft.ie/report/2019-Q2-rental-daftreport.pdf